Sunday, January 15, 2012

Discovery

Last month while sifting through a dusty box in my basement I came across academic papers, poems written and thought lost and this collection of vignettes that I will post here from time to time. Ten years ago on a snowy December weekend I sat down to finally write something of meaning. Ten years ago I was 40, ten years ago we did not have laptops, iPhones, iPads, FB, Twitter; I did not have the studio and had not met Chris. Ten years ago my computer was a clunker and everything was stored on diskettes. All of those diskettes are useless now and fortunately I made the only copy of these notes that I possess.  Reading them now - ten years past - I am filled with a sadness of times gone, pets lost and meaningful relationships abandoned like my dusty old papers in the basement of my house.  Ten years later new amazing relationships have come into my life, a business journey I never dreamed possible, travels, a wonderful husband and as always, dogs - my truest companions, to keep me company while walking, contemplating and meditating in the woods every single day.

So here goes and I hope you enjoy my blog Walking With Dogs - Notes From An Urban Woodswoman :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Helen! I hope I'm your first post. I can't wait to start reading your blog....as a fellow dog lover and neighbor.

    Donna G

    ReplyDelete